Finished

Serjt-Dave

Finished

Postby Serjt-Dave » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:32 am

Hi All. Just finished off some wagons that I constructed over the year but got delayed in the paintshop.

Southern Railway 10 ton Banana Van to D1478. These were ABS kits that I brought off of evil bay for a fiver, but one of the kits had a entrie end missing. I made up a replacement from plasticard. I also replaced the running gear with BB's W Irons and sprining units and the brake gear is Masokits. I decided to paint them in their SR liveries rather than in the BR bauxite. These are basically just rake fillers that have seen a hard life and lack of care during the war years.

Southern Railway 25 ton Brake Van to D1582. A Cambrian kit. Other than using BB's springing units and adding safety loops over the brake rigging, I built this straight out of the box {or bag in this case}.

BR Standard 20 ton Brake Van to D1/506. I'm ashamed to say I built this nearly a year ago but never got it painted. A Dapol/Airfix body on a David Bradwell chassis. Fun to build but I have to say the old Airfix body lets it down. I must remember when I build my next one is not to attach some of the grab rails so I can keep the body off the chassis to make painiting easier.

All Best and see you in 2023. Happy New Year
Dave
20221224_165554.jpg
20221224_165507.jpg
20221224_165350.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Suffolk Dave

Re: Finished

Postby Suffolk Dave » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:32 pm

Nice work! I particularly like the large lettered SR van, it really does look like it's suffered several years of neglect.
Check out my modelling activity here: https://www.instagram.com/4mm_dave/

Return to “Serjt-Dave”